*** OPEN ON MONDAY IN AUGUST ***
Due to the popularity of the ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme, we’re now open on Monday as well until 31 August 2020. As we’re running at a reduced capacity in accordance with the social distancing guidelines, customers are encouraged to book in advance to avoid disappointment. Please either ring o131 228 9333 or use the Booking Enquiry form online to make a reservation. Thank you.
EAT OUT TO HELP OUT SCHEME
We will be taking part in the UK Government’s ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme. Please come to visit every Monday (from 10th August), Tuesday or Wednesday during the month of August 2020 and enjoy a 50% discount on food and non-alcoholic drinks only (or a £10 per head cap whichever is less) at the courtesy of HER MAJESTY’S Revenue & Customs! We look forward to seeing you!
RESTAURANT RE-OPENING ON 15 JULY 2020
After an unexpected hiatus of over three months, we are excited to announce that we will be re-opening our doors on 15 July 2020. We appreciate this may be a tentative and nervous time for our staff and customers alike and would like to inform you of the following safety measures we’ve put in place to ensure your wellbeing:
- Hand sanitisers are provided throughout the restaurant. Customers are encouraged to use the sanitisers on entering and leaving the restaurant.
- Social distancing guidelines will be strictly adhered to.
- We’ve provided our staff with the necessary PPE for their and your protection. Please respect their decisions should they decide to wear a mask or gloves when serving you.
- All staff will have their temperature checked when reporting to work on a daily basis. Staff who are not feeling well will be sent home.
- We kindly request customers’ understanding and co-operation in having their temperatures taken by a contactless device when entering the restaurant. This is for the protection of you, your fellow diners and our staff.
- We will implement an enhanced cleaning regime throughout the restaurant, including the toilets.
- Customers are encouraged to book in advance by ringing 0131 2289333 or through the Booking Enquiry page on our website if possible.
- Walk-in customers will be asked to leave their contact details in accordance with government advice.
- Tables will only be set once customers are seated to minimise the risk of contamination.
We are under no illusion that the weeks and months ahead will be a very testing time for the hospitality sector. Your support to the local and independent restaurants, like ours, will be crucial to the survival of our business.
We are absolutely delighted to be of service to you again and look forward to seeing you soon.
Management & Staff
Spirit of Thai
Spirit of Thai opened to a fanfare of rave reviews in the summer of 2006 and has since established itself as a firm magnet for Thai food lovers. The restaurant is conveniently situated in the heart of Edinburgh’s theatreland, just a stone’s throw away from the Lyceum, Usher Hall and the Filmhouse. Its location is perfect for enjoying a relaxing meal before or after shows and concerts to round off an unforgettable evening.
Spirit of Thai’s interior decor is a subtle blend of the traditional and the modern, with tiled floors, magnolia walls and wooden ceiling beams creating a calming cottage feel, where customers can enjoy an authentic Thai meal in a tranquil atmosphere. The warmth of the service and surroundings extends to the exotic, aromatic food. Each dish on the extensive menu is clearly and accurately described, and the welcoming staff are on hand to offer customers advice and recommendations if needed.