NEW OPENING HOURS FROM 2 NOVEMBER 2020 (MONDAY CLOSED)
Following the new 5-tier system to tackle the Coronavirus introduced by the Scottish government, please note below our opening hours with effect from Monday, 2 November 2020:
Tuesday / Wednesday from 4.00 pm to 6.00 pm
Thursday / Friday / Saturday / Sunday from 12.00 noon to 6.00 pm
Tuesday / Wednesday from 4.00 pm to 10.00 pm
Thursday / Friday / Saturday / Sunday from 12.00 noon to 10.00 pm
Please ring us on 0131 228 9333 if you wish to make a reservation.
For takeaways, you can also ring us on 0131 228 9333 for collections or order through our delivery partner UberEats.com.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you.
Management & Staff
Our heartfelt thank you to our customers, both regular and new, for coming out to support us since we re-opened our doors on 15 July 2020. It really means a lot to us.
We appreciate that we are not out of the woods yet with the pandemic and will continue putting in place various COVID secure measures to ensure the wellbeing of our customers and staff:
- Hand sanitisers are provided throughout the restaurant. Customers are encouraged to use the sanitisers on entering and leaving the restaurant.
- Social distancing guidelines will be strictly adhered to.
- We’ve provided our staff with the necessary PPE for their and your protection. Please respect their decisions should they decide to wear a mask or gloves when serving you.
- All staff will have their temperature checked when reporting to work on a daily basis. Staff who are not feeling well will be sent home.
- We kindly request customers’ understanding and co-operation in having their temperatures taken by a contactless device when entering the restaurant. This is for the protection of you, your fellow diners and our staff.
- We will implement an enhanced cleaning regime throughout the restaurant, including the toilets.
- Customers are encouraged to book in advance by ringing 0131 2289333 or through the Booking Enquiry page on our website if possible.
- Walk-in customers will be asked to leave their contact details for contact tracing as mandated by the government.
- Tables will only be set once customers are seated to minimise the risk of contamination.
We look forward to your continued patronage and please stay safe and stay well. Thank you.
Management & Staff
Spirit of Thai
Spirit of Thai opened to a fanfare of rave reviews in the summer of 2006 and has since established itself as a firm magnet for Thai food lovers. The restaurant is conveniently situated in the heart of Edinburgh’s theatreland, just a stone’s throw away from the Lyceum, Usher Hall and the Filmhouse. Its location is perfect for enjoying a relaxing meal before or after shows and concerts to round off an unforgettable evening.
Spirit of Thai’s interior decor is a subtle blend of the traditional and the modern, with tiled floors, magnolia walls and wooden ceiling beams creating a calming cottage feel, where customers can enjoy an authentic Thai meal in a tranquil atmosphere. The warmth of the service and surroundings extends to the exotic, aromatic food. Each dish on the extensive menu is clearly and accurately described, and the welcoming staff are on hand to offer customers advice and recommendations if needed.