EXTENDED OPENING HOURS FROM TUESDAY, 18 MAY 2021
Following the First Minister’s announcement on 11 May 2021, we will be extending our opening hours to 10.30pm from Tuesday, 18 May 2021 (Monday closed). Tables will be for a maximum of 6 from 3 households. And, more excitedly, we will be able to serve you your favourite alcoholic drinks with your meals.
Please note we’ve signed up for the Check In Scotland campaign. If you’ve the Check In Scotland app, please scan the QR code when you arrive at the restaurant and re-scan the code to check out when you leave.
Also, our excellent value set lunch menu is now being served until 5pm DAILY (except Monday).
We strongly recommend that you make a reservation in advance by sending us a message using the ‘Booking Enquiry’ page on the website.
Thank you and see you soon!
RE-OPENING ON MONDAY, 26 APRIL 2021
YIPPEE!!! We’re re-opening on Monday, 26 April 2021, and it looks like this time round we can STAY open rather than the stop start we had during 2020. From 26 April 2021, we are able to open for indoor dining without alcohols until 8pm with tables of maximum of 6 from two households. Please be assured that we will, of course, be adhering to strict COVID secure measures, e.g. customers’ contact details, social distancing, mask wearing, etc., to ensure the continued safety of our customers and staff.
We’re beyond excited to be welcoming back our customers and we strongly recommend that you make a reservation in advance by sending us a message using the ‘Booking Enquiry’ page on the website.
Thank you and see you real soon!
OPEN FOR TAKEAWAYS EVERY DAY (EXCEPT MONDAY)
Hope to see you again soon. Please take care and stay safe.
OPEN ON CHRISTMAS DAY
We will open for dine in service from 12.00 noon to 6.00 pm on Christmas Day, 25 December 2020. Please ring us on 0131 2289333 if you wish to make a booking.
Our heartfelt thank you to our customers, both regular and new, for coming out to support us since we re-opened our doors on 15 July 2020. It really means a lot to us.
We appreciate that we are not out of the woods yet with the pandemic and will continue putting in place various COVID secure measures to ensure the wellbeing of our customers and staff:
- Hand sanitisers are provided throughout the restaurant. Customers are encouraged to use the sanitisers on entering and leaving the restaurant.
- Social distancing guidelines will be strictly adhered to.
- We’ve provided our staff with the necessary PPE for their and your protection. Please respect their decisions should they decide to wear a mask or gloves when serving you.
- All staff will have their temperature checked when reporting to work on a daily basis. Staff who are not feeling well will be sent home.
- We kindly request customers’ understanding and co-operation in having their temperatures taken by a contactless device when entering the restaurant. This is for the protection of you, your fellow diners and our staff.
- We will implement an enhanced cleaning regime throughout the restaurant, including the toilets.
- Customers are encouraged to book in advance by ringing 0131 2289333 or through the Booking Enquiry page on our website if possible.
- Walk-in customers will be asked to leave their contact details for contact tracing as mandated by the government.
- Tables will only be set once customers are seated to minimise the risk of contamination.
We look forward to your continued patronage and please stay safe and stay well. Thank you.
Management & Staff
Spirit of Thai
Spirit of Thai opened to a fanfare of rave reviews in the summer of 2006 and has since established itself as a firm magnet for Thai food lovers. The restaurant is conveniently situated in the heart of Edinburgh’s theatreland, just a stone’s throw away from the Lyceum, Usher Hall and the Filmhouse. Its location is perfect for enjoying a relaxing meal before or after shows and concerts to round off an unforgettable evening.
Spirit of Thai’s interior decor is a subtle blend of the traditional and the modern, with tiled floors, magnolia walls and wooden ceiling beams creating a calming cottage feel, where customers can enjoy an authentic Thai meal in a tranquil atmosphere. The warmth of the service and surroundings extends to the exotic, aromatic food. Each dish on the extensive menu is clearly and accurately described, and the welcoming staff are on hand to offer customers advice and recommendations if needed.